This workshop is delivered by the Research Impact Team and provides a basic foundation of what research impact is and how this is supported at Warwick.
The workshop will equip participants with a comprehensive understanding of the UK research landscape and impact within it, alongside practical advice on how best to explore pathways to impact from different disciplines. It will incorporate a presentation from the R&IS Impact Team and Q&As will be encouraged throughout. Examples of best practice will be considered.
Who should attend?
All new academic starters at Warwick.
Workshop enables participants to:
- Understand what impact is.
- Understand why impact is important.
- Understand how impact relates to your own research.
- Understand how to identify and engage beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Understand differences between impact and public engagement.
- Have an overview of measurement and evaluation of impact.
- Have an overview of opportunities.
- See examples of impact work.
- See support available.
Any pre-work will be emailed to participants prior to the workshop.