The Academic Development Centre offers a range of opportunities for continuing professional development for staff who teach or support learning:
- The Academic Development Programme is a series of workshops focused on issues in teaching and learning. The Programme offers content for staff at every stage of their career. Workshops cover core concepts in teaching and learning, advanced/innovative teaching techniques, curriculum design, and more.
- The Academic and Professional Pathways (APPs) offer routes to accreditation by the Higher Education Academy, supported by taught sessions, workshops or mentoring. Which pathway is best for you will depend on your career stage, experience and responsibilities, and each pathway has eligibility requirements which are explained on the pages for the individual pathways (APP TE, APP EXP, APP PGR and APP TEL).
The Organisational Development Centre, based in University House, provides further development opportunities:
As a new addition to the Academic Development Programme for 2019-20, we will be running a series of SUAW! sessions. These provide a regular window of quiet writing time, without distractions, and with the motivational benefits of being part of a writing community. Click the link above to find out when and where the next meeting will take place, and come and join us!
Please note that attendance at a SUAW! session does not count towards the CPD requirement for the APP PGR.
|Teaching Philosophies and Philosophy of Education||Thu 22nd August||11:00 - 13:00||H4.22/4|
|Tues 10th Sept||13:00 - 15:00||WA0.15a|
|Tues 17th Sept||13:00 - 15:00||H3.02|
Autumn Term, 2019-20
These workshops are not yet available to book, but will be soon.
|Efficient and Effective Feedback||Wed 16th Oct||14:00 - 16:00||tbc|
|Teaching Philosophies and Philosophy of Education||Thu 31st Oct||14:00 - 16:00||tbc|
|Promoting Student Attendance||Wed 6th Nov||14:00 - 16:00||tbc|
|Student Participation in Large Group Settings||Wed 13th Nov||14:00 - 16:00||tbc|
|Teaching Philosophies and Philosophy of Education||Thu 28th Nov||14:00 - 16:00||tbc|
|Core Concepts for Module Design||Wed 4th Dec||14:00 - 16:00||tbc|
|Confidence, Identity and Self-Awareness (title tbc)||Thurs 12th Dec||14:00 - 16:00||tbc|
Is there an element of teaching and learning where you or your colleagues would like more support? Or an area of teaching and learning, higher education or pedagogy you would like to explore further? Or is there an aspect of your own practice you would like to share with colleagues across the university? If so, then please click the link above to get in touch, make a suggestion and discuss your ideas.
The 1st UKCGE Conference on Postgraduate Taught Education will take place here at the University of Warwick on 10th December 2019. Papers are now being accepted for the following themes:
- Transitions into and out of PGT (for example, pre-arrival, widening participation, employability, future research)
- Student and Staff well-being (for example, building academic community)
- International Student Experience
- Innovations in teaching and assessment (for example, technology enhanced teaching)
The deadline for submissions is 20th September.
Academic Development Moodle Space
Information for Staff on
- Introduction to Research Supervision
- Introduction to Research at Warwick
- Role of the Personal Tutor
are now part of the APPTE pathway and are no longer available as separate workshops. If you need to attend one or more of these as part of your probation and are NOT taking part in the APPTE please contact appte at warwick dot ac dot uk for the next available dates.
Upcoming T&L Events
If you would like to know more about our teaching practice support provision, if you can't find what you are looking for, or simply to discuss teaching and learning ideas, please contact the ADC team on firstname.lastname@example.org