** THE GRAD DECK IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR ESSENTIAL MAINTENANCE.**
We will open again for bookings once the works have been undertaken.
It is the responsibility of the event organiser to ensure that the Grad Deck is cleaned properly at the end of the event and left in a fit condition for the next event. All rubbish sacks must be placed in the refuse area in the Nursery Car Park.
The Grad Deck is a purpose-built space, tailored to the needs of Graduate students. It is located on Scarman Road just before Heronbank and Lakeside Residences and its facilities are shared with the University Nursery. Managed by Student Services, this area gives Graduate students the opportunity to meet and hold social gatherings in a flexible, welcoming space.
This space is not available for use by University staff - it is for postgraduate students only.
The criteria for booking the space will be prioritised on the following basis:
- Postgraduate students resident on the University Campus
- Non-resident postgraduate students wishing to host an informal social occasion
- Wardens wishing to run Residential Life Team led approved social activities for their resident students
The Grad Deck is able to accommodate:
- Group social gatherings
- Dinner parties or lunches
- Independent group study meetings
The Grad Deck is NOT available to be used as a venue for the following:
- University of Warwick Staff
- Children's parties
- Formal entertainment where a fee is charged
- Events with live music - Contact the Students' Union for room availability
- Any type of rehearsals - Contact the Warwick Arts Centre or Students' Union for room availability
- Religious gatherings - Contact the Chaplaincy or Muslim Prayer Room for room availability
- Organised workshops/skills sessions
- Society Events - Contact the Students' Union for room availability
- A comfy social area to sit and relax
- A fully equipped self-catering kitchen which includes tableware, cooking utensils, fridge, microwave and dishwasher
- Dining tables and chairs for social events
- An outside decking area with available seating
- An audio system with built-in speakers. Simply attach an iPod, MP3 player or laptop
The Grad Deck is located within the Nursery building on Scarman Road, just before Heronbank and Lakeside Residences.
Please be aware that you need to leave the space clean and tidy or you may be charged for damage or additional cleaning.
**The Grad Deck is not available for booking over the Christmas or Easter vacation periods. This is for operational reasons around servicing the area during the holiday seasons.
The event owner is liable for any damages incurred and should return the Grad Deck area to its original condition. Failure to do this will result in charges being levied on the named organiser and disciplinary action being taken.
The Grad Deck Keys MUST be brought back to the Student Services reception desk in Senate House by 11 am the following day.
The Grad Deck has a maximum capacity of 10 people during the hours of 9 am to 6 pm and 40 people for a drinks reception style event from 6 pm to midnight weekdays and 9 am to midnight at weekends
Please note the Grad Deck is not a University approved barbecue site.
Consideration should be given to residents in neighbouring blocks and noise levels kept to a reasonable level. Excessive noise levels will result in the event being closed down.