Please ensure that you have read the Conditions of Use for the Grad Deck prior to any booking request.
- All requests received via the online booking request form will be confirmed via email.
- The event is booked by a named organiser (for students, this must be a postgraduate student) who supplies their contact details at the time of booking the space via the online system.
- Keys can only be collected from the Student Reception, Senate House during 1 hour prior to your event taking place. (Student Receptions Opening Hours are Mon-Fri 8 am to 8 pm, Sat, Sun & Bank Holidays 10 am to 6 pm. The event owner may share the responsibility for the possession of the keys and access card but is liable if the keys are given to anyone else.
- When keys are collected for the venue, the named organiser (for students, this must be a postgraduate student) or a nominated friend must be in attendance in order to sign out the keys and supply their contact details.
- The keys must be returned to the Student Reception, Senate House by 11 am of the day following the event. the named organiser or a nominated friend is able to sign them back in.
- The furniture can be moved but must be returned to its original layout before the room is vacated. As part of the booking agreement, it is expected that the person named responsible for the booking will ensure that the area is returned to the specified layout (see Checklist for Users).
- Please allow sufficient time at the start and finish of your booking to allow you to set the room up and tidy the room and leave it as you found it. There will be occasions when a further booking is going into the room immediately after your event.
- The Grad Deck should be vacated by midnight; this must include time to clear up.
- The event owner is liable for any damages incurred and any additional cleaning required
- Due to the nature of the space to be available for ad hoc bookings, we will not normally accept block bookings for regular events.
- The Student Reception Team reserves the right to decline or cancel any bookings at short notice.
- Should you wish to use any electrical equipment in the space approval must be obtained from Student Reception at the time of booking.
- The use of smoke machines, bubble machines or any similar equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Barbecues may not be used in the Grad Deck or the surrounding area.
- Formal events where a fee is charged are not allowed in the Grad Deck.
- Failure to return the Grad Deck area to the required condition, or failure to return the keys or access card, may result in a charge being levied on the named organisers.
Smoking is not permitted on the decking area outside the patio doors of the Grad Deck.
In the case of a FIRE ALARM, please evacuate the building immediately and congregate in the Nursery/Grad Deck car park.
Unfortunately barbecues are NOT permitted in the Grad Deck or the surrounding area.