The Residential Life Team (RLT) strive to consistently deliver outstanding service to make everyone within the residences feel part of the campus community. The following is a statement of intent towards ensuring the RLT act and behave in a way that upholds the University's core values.
As a member of the RLT our volunteers will:
- Be proactive in supporting the residential community and signposting for support where appropriate
- Be friendly and approachable, upholding the core values of the University
- Exhibit honesty and integrity in the performance of their roles
- Set a positive example by seeking to be courteous, helpful, caring and compassionate in all interactions
- Abide by the responsibilities and behaviours expected by the University community, as stated in the Dignity at Warwick Policy
- Challenge any behaviours that breach the Dignity at Warwick Policy
- Endeavour to display exemplary conduct at all times and be aware of the impact of any negative behaviour on the University's reputation
- Actively collaborate with others to create and maintain effective working relationships through an empathetic understanding of others' needs and expectations and to provide a safe and welcoming residential environment
- Be clear and unambiguous when having difficult conversations and managing challenging situations such as when enforcing student discipline
- Be observant, promptly reporting anything that is likely to cause harm or distress to people or cause property to be destroyed, damaged or stolen
- Report incidents promptly that breach University Regulations and Ordinances
- Identify themselves by name, including showing identity cards, if requested
Complaints or feedback regarding the RLT may be submitted to the Senior Wardens using the University Feedback and Complaints Procedure.