If you bring your own food in from home, we provide several heat your own food facilities across campus for staff and students. The facilities are free to use so you can enjoy your hot home cooked lunch (or reheat the joys of last night's takeaway).
Each space is provided with cleaning materials and bins - details of specific facilities are listed below under each location.
Terms and conditions
- You are responsible for clearing up after yourself.
- Please leave the area clean and tidy.
- When using the microwave, please cover food items to avoid food spillages. Any food spillages must be cleaned up immediately.
- Do use the cleaning materials provided.
- Dispose of all rubbish in the bins provided.
- Only alcohol purchased from the bar (Rootes Building) or University House may be consumed in the Rootes Building and University House spaces. Due to licensing laws, customers are not allowed to bring in and consume their own alcohol.
- Take care with the hot water heater.
- In the event of faulty equipment, please report any incident to a member of staff in the cafe/restaurant.
- Anyone failing to comply with the above will be asked to leave the area.
- You use the facilities at your own risk.
Unfortunately, if the area is not kept clean and tidy the service will have to be withdrawn.