Thank you to everyone who has completed all their Security and Information Management training modules. If you haven't done them yet, please do so now...
A reminder to complete your SIM training now
If you have completed all nine SIM training modules, thank you - more than 10,000 modules were completed in November.
SIM training is important: it raises our awareness of information security and management risks; it strengthens our understanding and supports good, safe working practices across the University. It is necessary for the University to be fully compliant with its legal obligations - and it's also mandatory.
Completion of the training is a straightforward process - many of the Standard modules take less than 10 minutes to do... We are noting all users comments and feedback on issues of content and functionality and will feed these into an improvement project to provide better training material in the future.
The full list of modules is below - you access them directly from these links. If you are unsure whether you’ve completed a particular module or not, please follow the link for each one to check – if you see a completion message within the module, you don’t need to take the course again.
The completion message will say:
“Our records indicate you have successfully completed this course within the last 365 days."
If the Moodle module does not show this completion message, please take it as soon as possible.
Foundation Training modules:
Standard Training modules:
For more information, check these additional resources:
- For DAs - join a SIM Training reporting clinic online at 15:00-16:00 on Thursday 3 December – if you would like to attend, please register your interest with Alison Taylor A.Taylor.email@example.com. We will send you an invite to drop in at any point during that hour.
- See the Organisation Development Essential Induction Training web pages here
- Check the Training Records FAQs here.
- For further help on running a report in SuccessFactors, please raise a ticket in AskHR using the service category of ‘HR Reports/MI’ and the incident category of ‘SuccessFactors report issue’.
- If you have any queries about the data that your report output is displaying, please raise a ticket in AskHR with a service category of ‘Learning and Development’ and an incident category of ‘Learning Reports’.
- For technical, device, display or running issues, please contact the Helpdesk
- We are working on an automated process to simplify and speed up reporting and will provide further details as soon as it's available to use.
Security & Information Management is Everyone's Responsibility
All staff are required to take SIM training that is relevant and appropriate to the kind of work they undertake:
- Foundation Training: the two ‘Information Security Essentials’ and ‘GDPR Training’ modules must be completed at induction and refreshed annually by all staff who work at the University, without exception.
- Standard Training: in addition, all staff who predominantly complete their University work on a computer and regularly handle electronic communications, must also complete the 7 Standard Training modules listed above, at induction and refresh them annually thereafter. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Help and support
If you think you detect any unusual online activity, please report it immediately.
Who needs to know this?
This information concerns us all. If you use a Warwick staff card, a Warwick email address, access one of our staff or student record systems or share your Warwick work with colleagues within or beyond the University, you are involved in activities that must be kept secure.
Data Protection Officerdpo@warwick.ac.uk
The University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 8UW