The day covers all major aspects of academic writing for taught students, and is a combination of lectures and seminars. The topics aim to address in depth the challenges posed by essay/assignment writing.
For Undergraduate and Master's Taught students.
The topics include:
- stages and requirements of writing
- organisation and structure of assignments and essays
- paragraph construction
- language and style academic style
- ethics in writing and research, referencing
- reporting (paraphrase/summary).
The seminars are concerned with writing practice and revision skills.