Spring Assignment Mentoring : new dates!
Following the demand received in Week 1, we have new dates for the Spring Assignment mentoring which is, once more, designed to offer you help with one of your late term assignments.
The mentors can advise on the structure, style, grammar, referencing, narrative coherence, and clarity, but not the subject content.
Please note that this is not an essay revision service.
|26 February 2018||10am-3pm||Learning Grid 1, University House|
|28 February 2018||10am-3pm||Learning Grid 1, University House|
Please drop-in any time between 10am and 3pm. NB! No need to book or send a calendar invitation to the Programme.
You may have to wait a little if mentors are already busy with another student. Light refreshments will be available throughout.
Feedback from our students...
- I needed to get feedback on my assignment. Found the session very useful and will definitely access it again.
- Sentence structure, answering the topic question, spelling and grammar. Thank you for this session it has definitely been a good help.
- I have learnt that I should always add the reference after I used the resource. And better understanding of grammar.
- Understanding better what was expected of me in terms of formal presentation, logics and referencing. I think it was useful and the explanations were very clear.
- I learnt the structure of the essay and how to make an effective conclusion.
- Help with understanding my assignment question and forming a structure for my essay. The tutor goes out of her way and is very helpful!
- A very helpful and insightful session. It's very useful to have people who will take time out to explain things as much as you need as some tasks can be overwhelming.
I am recently trying to overcome procrastination, "writer's block" and the implementation of feedback remarks into my upcoming 2500 words essay. I tried to share my thoughts and worries, for it may ease the pressure and tension. I also gave some technical questions on writing technique, such as keeping up with word limit and writing non-descriptive, interlinked paragraphs. The advice I met was very professional, detailed and helpful. I have a feeling that the assistant was very committed to help me, she also gave me advice on time management, related to my case. I am happy to visit this point today and if I am going to face any difficulties in future, I will surely drop in.
To gain understanding on how to write my PMA without slipping into plagiarism issues. And secondly to clarify how to organise my references and citations. How to organise my reading with little notes alongside to avoid losing relevant areas for my assignment. Also important is to give my own interpretation of what the author has stated without distorting the meaning. I am happy to have this meeting and will apply every bit of information received in my future work.