This section offers advice on writing effective applications for both academic and non academic positions. The main components of a UK application will include all or some of the following: CV, cover letter and application form.
Success means convincing an employer that you have the right skills, qualifications and experience to be able to do the job.
Before you submit your application, ask yourself the following. Have you:
- undertaken research into job/company
- identified type of person sought
- good knowledge of yourself
- good evidence for your skills
- the necessary technical/subject specific knowledge
- the ability to present yourself positively
- read the advertisement carefully.