7th June 2017
Whatever your discipline, poster presentations are a powerful and widely used means of disseminating research in both academic and non-academic contexts.
Distilling your research into an A1 poster that is engaging and visually appealing can be a challenge, but is an excellent way to stretch your creativity and demonstrate the impact of your work.
- £150 cash prize for top poster per Faculty + £50 bonus for overall winner
- £50 Amazon vouchers for 3 runners-up and 1 ‘people's choice’ winner
- Free personal Strengths consultation for the winner from each faculty
All postgraduate research students are eligible to submit a poster. All entrants must be currently registered for a research degree (PhD, Masters by Research, MPhil, EngD, EdD, professional doctorate) at the University of Warwick on the date of the Showcase.
It is essential that you read the rules of entry before completing your registration and printing your poster. If you are shortlisted for the Three Minute Thesis competition final, it is recommended that you do not enter this poster competition – this is so that you can focus your energies on the day of the Showcase.
This is a popular event with limited places, and registration is on a first-come first-served basis. If you find you are unable to attend, please de-register as soon as possible to allow other researchers to enter in good time.
Poster Design Training
10th May 2017 10-12 Please book here
I found it quite a challenge to make the poster, but a helpful exercise because it required me to pick out some key themes and helped me to get a bit of clarity and objectivity on my research, at a stage when I was starting to get bogged down in insignificant detail!” (PhD student, English)
To obtain an image file of the Universities logo for use on your poster, email email@example.com.
Submitting your poster
A digital copy (in PDF format) plus a hard copy in A1 size are required. Printing posters is costly so it is important to print off and check an A4 copy of your poster before sending the final version to print.
There are two options for printing:
OPTION 1: Printing via WarwickPrint:
The cost of printing 1 copy via WarwickPrint will be covered by the Research Student Skills Programme. You must use the following link to submit via our dedicated web page. You must ensure that the version submitted to WarwickPrint is the correct, final version, in A1 size (59.4 x 84.1cm). Posters of any other size will be returned and any reprints will be at your own expense. Submit poster by 24th May 2017 5pm
Submit your PDF poster file to WarwickPrint online via this link:
- Submit your PDF poster file to WarwickPrint online via this link: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/warwickprint/posters
Option 2: Printing via your department:
Some departments have high-quality A1 printing facilities. Check with your department whether they are able to print your poster for you. If you choose to print your own poster, you’re required to provide BOTH of the following:
1. Email a PDF copy of your poster by email to pgresearchskills at warwick dot ac dot uk by 24th May 2017 5pm.
2. AND deliver a high-quality A1 printed copy of your poster to the Student Careers & Skills helpdesk (Learning Grid, ground floor, University House) by 24th May 2017 5pm. (helpdesk is open 10-5 Mon-Thurs and 10-4 on Fri).
If you have any questions not answered here, contact the RSSP team in Student Careers & Skills:
- email: pgresearchskills at warwick dot ac dot uk
- drop in and talk to us in the Research Exchange from 11am-12pm on Thursdays
- visit the Student Careers & Skills helpdesk (Learning Grid)
- call us on (0)24 765 24748