Our Postgraduate Academic Coach is Dr Mihai Balanescu.
Individual academic coaching appointments are available to all postgraduate research students (PhD, Masters by Research, professional doctorates), including those who are also members of staff.
The academic coaching service
Academic coaching appointments can cover the following topics:
- academic writing (not editing or proof-reading)*
- time management
- working with your supervisor
- writing literature reviews
- upgrading from MPhil to PhD
- preparing for your viva
- personal development.
Emotional support can and will be provided if in the students' best interest and if/when requested.
* Please note: although advice on thesis writing is one of the main areas of the programme and students are indeed welcome to bring samples of writing for assessment, this is not a service that offers text revision (or revision-before-submission).
Making an appointment
What can I expect?
- 40-minute appointments for one-to-one discussion with the academic coach
- advice and support with academic-related issues: Academic writing (NOT proof-reading), time management, working with your supervisor, writing literature reviews, upgrading from MPhil to PhD, preparing for your viva, personal development.
- Open to postgraduate research students ONLY (Masters by Research, MPhil, PhD, EngD, EdD and Professional Doctorate). If you are not a research student, your booking will be cancelled.
- Taught Masters students, please access Academic skills advice
How do I book?
- please email your enquiry directly to: pgresearchskills at warwick dot ac dot uk We will then set up an appointment for you at an agreed time, Monday to Friday.
How many appointments can I have?
- No limit on access.
Where do meetings take place?
- University House and Central Campus. Venue will be confirmed at the time of booking.