Find out how Endnote can help you to manage your references and create customised bibliographies using your preferred referencing style.
The workshop will cover information management skills and best practice in relation to referencing. You will find out what Endnote is and how it can help, especially in saving you time. The difference between Endnote on your desktop and Endnote Web will be discussed. You will learn how to add references to Endnote, how to manage them, how to create customised bibliographies and use different referencing styles.
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- gained an understanding of how Endnote can help you to manage your references efficiently
- had hands-on experience of using Endnote on a PC
- practised harvesting references from an online database into your own Endnote collection
- seen a demonstration of the Cite while you Write feature
- prepared to assess whether Endnote in either web or desktop form is an appropriate tool for you.
Who is it for? Postgraduate research students, especially those in the early stages of a research degree
Is any preparation required? No
Is catering provided? No
Who is the tutor? Samantha Johnson (Library)