The demand on leaders in private, public and third sectors alike has never been greater, nor have the environments they operate in been more complex. In this half-day workshop we’ll be examining the role of successful leaders, the styles and techniques they adopt and the drivers which enable them to harness the discretionary effort of their employees through creating the environment for high level engagement.
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- considered the differences between leadership and management
- worked with the idea of ‘Emotional Intelligence’ and its role in great leadership
- reviewed a model of six leadership styles and considered which styles are best used in which circumstances
- identified which of your own transferable skills and experiences fit into which styles of leadership
- become familiar with the cornerstones to employee engagement, using case studies from world famous organisations to see how these work in practice.
Available dates are listed below - click the link below to book:
Who is it for?
All postgraduate research students. To register for this workshop, you must be enrolled on (or recently graduated from) one of the following degrees: PhD, MPhil, Masters by Research, EngD, EdD, professional doctorate.
Is any preparation required? No
Is catering provided? Tea / coffee
Who is the tutor? Amanda Stearn