Never done a presentation? Nervous about a forthcoming conference? Or want to make your presentation outstanding? This series of 3 highly effective and interactive small-group workshops is designed to enable you to make the best possible impression with your research presentations.
You are expected to attend the first two workshops in the series; the third ‘Masterclass’ is optional. Please ensure that you are available for each of the workshop dates before booking Day 1.
By the end of the series you will have:
- overcome nerves to project with confidence and ease
- used body language and voice to create a positive, memorable impression
- learnt tools and techniques for preparing an engaging, well-structured presentation
- understood how to handle challenging questions
- practised and polished your presentation style
- received and built on peer and expert feedback.
Who is it for?
All postgraduate research students. To register for this workshop, you must be enrolled on (or recently graduated from) one of the following degrees: PhD, MPhil, Masters by Research, EngD, EdD, professional doctorate.
Is any preparation required?
Yes, you will be required to prepare a presentation in advance. Please see the workshop booking pages for details.
Is catering provided? Yes. Refreshments and lunch vouchers
Who is the tutor? Dr Adair Richards
Other researchers say:
It will help me be original, persuasive and make an impact. It’s a long session but worth every minute of it.
The Presentations series has been spectacular from my perspective.