The upgrade from MPhil to PhD can be a major hurdle for postgraduate researchers. But what makes a project suitable to upgrade? How do you know that you will make the grade? Who will be on the panel? What will they ask you?
This session will look at the regulatory requirements of the upgrade at Warwick, help you understand what is expected of you, and share some tips for how to present yourself at your very best.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- understand the University requirements of the upgrade process
- know what the panel is looking for in your report
- have an idea of who is likely to make up your panel
- have prepared some answers to the questions you are most likely to be asked
- have learned some communication & presentation tips for the meeting itself.
Who is it for? Research students preparing to upgrade from MPhil to PhD.
Is any preparation required? No
Is catering provided? No
Who is the tutor? Dr Mihai Balanescu & Graduate School colleague