Warwick’s regular Café Research series offers an interdisciplinary setting for postgraduate researchers to eat, drink, socialise and share your research.
Feedback from researchers
"The connections you make are very valuable for the future. Make the most of the informal networking."
"There was a sense of camaraderie and support at the Café. I felt that I was part of a Warwick community. Very encouraging."
"It was a thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile experience, thank-you for hosting such a fantastic event."
The café format
Both presenters and audience have the chance to hear and discuss diverse areas of research being undertaken around the University.
- Café Research, formerly known as Café Academique, features presentations by current postgraduate researchers for an audience of other postgraduate researchers.
- Presentations often take the form of a practice-run for an academic research paper or presentation – e.g. a conference presentation, publication, or section of your thesis you want to test out.
- Or you could choose to focus on how you are doing innovative things with your research beyond academia – e.g., public engagement activities, ideas for commercialising your research, collaborations with external partners.
- Presentations are limited to 10 minutes, using a maximum of 5 Powerpoint/Prezi slides.
- Questions from the audience will follow each paper.
- Presenters will receive written feedback on the style and content of their presentation from the audience and the RSSP team.
Each Café includes presentations along with a free buffet, drinks and the opportunity to network and socialise.
To attend the next Café, please register using the link below.