- Centre for Applied Linguistics: Support with developing English language skills (language classes, online learning and more).
- Graduate School: Advice on degree progress, scholarships, plus regular PGR lunches and Thesis Submission Workshops.
- Institute for Advanced Study: IAS offers events related to academic careers for Early Career Researchers.
- IT Services: Training in academic and research software including NVivo, SPSS and Matlab.
- Learning & Development Centre (LDC): The home for training for postgraduates who teach, including the HEA-accredited Postgraduate Award: Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
- Library: Information and support including literature searching, copyright and Open Access. Support for the postgraduate community via the Postgraduate Hub and Wolfson Research Exchange.
- PhD Life Blog: A regular blog by PhD students about the trials, tribulations and triumph of pursuing a doctorate, developed by the Wolfson Research Exchange.
- Research & Impact Services (RIS): Advice and support on research policy and practice.
- Student Careers & Skills: Core provider of academic and transferable skills development, careers guidance, work experience support and volunteering opportunities for all Warwick students. The Research Student Skills Programme is our dedicated provision for postgraduate research students.
Faculty and departmental opportunities
A diverse range of training, research seminars and conferences are offered by academic departments, faculties and doctoral training centres. Check with your department for details of discipline-specific opportunities.
- Faculty-specific training
- Postgraduate Certificate in Transferable Skills in Science (PGCTSS)
- Social Sciences core training
Many further events and training for researchers are available from external organisations. Some useful links are included below, but you are also encouraged to investigate relevant opportunities within your field: