A four week course for those who want to gain the confidence to run 5k and improve their times.
- Available to those who can run at least 4k
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- 4 week course, with one session per week
|Price per course||£20.00|
Course price includes access to showers and changing facilities.
University of Warwick staff? You can use a Warwick Learning Access (WLA) voucher and do a course for free.
Book your course
|First session||Last session||Time||Book online|
|Wednesday 16 October 2019||Wednesday 24 June 2020||5.30pm - 6.30pm||Book today|
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about a course, please get in touch.
Contact warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011
What you'll learn
- The correct way to warm up and cool down to reduce the chance of injury
- Correct running form and technique to maximise potential
- Steadily increase running distance to 5.5k
- Running techniques such as uphill running, downhill running, posture and fartlek.
- Chance to take part in a local parkrun with the running leader and fellow runners
- You'll be encouraged to repeat the weekly session or add addititonal fitness training in your own time to increase your general fitness levels
Things to know
Where do we meet?
Outside the Sports and Wellness Hub on the University of Warwick campus, view on map.
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothing and a decent pair of running shoes. Remember to dress for the weather.
Should I bring anything?
Make sure to bring a drink along with you.