couch 2 5K [kouch-too-5k]
noun a runing course designed to get you off the couch and gradually work you up to running 5K in eight weeks.
- Available to those new or returning to physical activity
- 9 week course, including 2 workshops
- Physical activity guidance in a supportive, social environment
Is equipment provided?
All sessions of your course include:
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Access to showers and other facilities
What should I bring?
To get the most from your course:
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and a pair of running shoes
- Make sure you bring a drink along
- Dress for the weather
Our Get Active Buddy Scheme is a socially supportive programme aimed at those who are new or returning to activity.
- Those new or returning to physical activity
- All abilities welcome - you go at your own pace and own speed
- Those looking to increase self-confidence by setting targets and achieving goals
What you'll learn:
- Strategies to overcome common and personal barriers to increasing physical activity and how to set SMART goals
- A structured, progressive plan to increase stamina and confidenence
- The correct way to warm up and down to reduce the chance of injury
When and where?
Wednesday 2 May - Wednesday 27 June 2018
What does it cost?
|9 week course|
|£30||Member and non-member|
How do I book?
Book your place online in advance or by visiting the Sports Centre.