Intro to lifting [in-troh-too-lifting]
noun introductory programme to lifting weights for beginners, designed to give basic entry level techniques within strength and conditioning.
- Available to all
- 4 week course
- Reduced prices for members (become a member)
Is equipment provided?
All sessions of your course include:
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Access to showers and other facilities
What should I bring?
To get the most from your course:
- Wear suitable gym clothing
- For footwear, wear trainers, converse style pumps or your own lifting shoes
- Make sure you bring a drink and towel along
- An excellent programme for those wishing to begin lifting for strength and fitness
- Start with the very basics about lifting for strength
- Develop through to key lifting techniques such as bench press, squat and the deadlift
What you'll learn:
- Stabilise your core and maximise muscles through the correct body positioning
- Highlight the benefits of the moves of lifting for strength and fitness
- Receive a handbook of guidelines to help with knowledge
When and where?
Tuesday 23 January – Tuesday 13 February 2018
- Four weeks, with one session per week
- Every Tuesday 10:00am - 11:00am
- Gym, Sports Centre (view on map)
What does it cost?
|8 week course|
|Unversity of Warwick staff||One WLA voucher|
How do I book?
Book your place online in advance or by visiting the Sports Centre.