Intro to 5k [intro-too-5k]
noun a running course designed to get you off the couch and gradually work you up to running 5K in four weeks.
- Available to anyone able to run more than 1 mile
- 4 week course
- Reduced prices for members (become a member)
Is equipment provided?
All sessions of your course include:
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Access to showers and other facilities
What should I bring?
To get the most from your course:
- Wear comfortable clothing and a decent pair of running shoes
- Make sure you bring a drink along
- Dress for the weather
- Suitable for those who may have attended our 8 week Couch 2 5K course.
- The course will progress through distance from 4km- 5.5km over the 4 weeks.
What you'll learn:
- Include running techniques such as uphill running, downhill running, posture and fartlek. There will also be a chance to take part in a local Parkrun with the running leader and fellow attendees should you wish.
- The correct way to warm up and cool down to reduce the chance of injury (dynamic warm-up stretches and a 5 minute brisk walk to increase the heart rate)
- Correct running form and technique to maximise potential and reduce the chance of injury
- To steadily increase the amount of time spent running up to 5.5K
Participants are encouraged to repeat the weekly session, or add addititonal fitness training, in their own time to increase general fitness levels
When and where?
Wednesday 18 July – Wednesday 8 August 2018
- Four weeks, with one session per week
- Every Wednesday 5:15pm - 6:15pm
- Outside Sports Centre (meeting point)
What does it cost?
|4 week course|
|University of Warwick staff||One WLA voucher|
How do I book?
Book your place online in advance or by visiting the Sports Centre.