nordic walking [nawr-dik-waw-king]
noun an effective cross training techniques that uses poles to aid walking.
- Available to all
- 8 week course
- Reduced prices for members (become a member)
Is equipment provided?
All sessions of your course include:
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Poles will be provided
- Access to showers and other facilities
What should I bring?
To get the most from your course:
- Wear suitable clothing for the weather
- A good pair of walking boots is recommended
- All ages and fitness levels, and easy to learn and to keep up
- Poles propel you along, making it easier to move faster without feeling the effort
- No need to wear special exercise clothing
What you'll learn:
- A new way of walking that tones whole body, burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking and reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- A social form of outdoor exercise
When and where?
Wednesday 18 October – Wednesday 6 December 2017
- Eight weeks, with one session per week
- Every Wednesday 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Outside Sports Centre (meeting point) (view on map)
What does it cost?
|8 week course|
How do I book?
Book your place online in advance or by visiting the Sports Centre.