self defence [self-di-fens]
noun the act of defending one's person when physically attacked, as by countering blows or overcoming an assailant.
- Available to all
- 8 week course
- Reduced prices for members (become a member)
Is equipment provided?
All sessions of your course include:
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Access to showers and other facilities
What should I bring?
To get the most from your course:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows unrestricted movement
- White soled or indoor trainers
- Females of any abilities are welcome
- The course may contain elements of mild contact
What you'll learn:
- Gain the confidence to protect yourself in a vulnerable situation
- Learn what to do or how to act
- Empower you with the knowledge to stay safe on campus and in the local community
When and where?
Thursday 19 October – Thursday 7 December 2017
- Eight weeks, with one session per week
- Every Thursday 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Functional Studio, Sports Centre (view on map)
What does it cost?
|8 week course|
How do I book?
Book your place online in advance or by visiting the Sports Centre.