Strength & core for runners course
Become a better and stronger runner with an seven week progressive strength training course.
- Available to all
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- 8 week course, with one session per week
|Price per course||£60.00|
|University of Warwick staff?
Do a course for free using your Warwick Learning Access (WLA) vouchers. You can use one voucher to pay for both the Couch 2 5k course and the injury prevention session as a bundle.
- The course will take place in the Studio 1 at the Sports and Wellness - view on map.
- Course price includes access to showers and changing facilities.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows unrestricted movement.
- Make sure to bring a drink along with you.
- Suitable for those who may have attended our 8 week Couch 2 5K course or can comfortably run a continuous 5k
- The course will progress through distance from 5k-10k over the eight weeks.
What you'll learn
- Improved running form, strength, mobility and overall fitness
- Static and dynamic stretching as a part of warm up
- Functional exercises for improving stability and mobility
- Increase the power in specific muscles and muscle groups
- Reduce the risk of stress injuries
|Day||First session||Last session||Time||Book online|
|Monday||11 May 2020||22 June 2020||5.30pm - 6.30pm||Book today|
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about a course, please get in touch.
Contact warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011