Women Who Lift [wɪmɪn - who - lift]
noun introductory programme to lifting weights for women, designed to give basic entry level techniques within strength and conditioning.
- Available to women only
- 4 week course
Is equipment provided?
All sessions of your course include:
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Access to showers and other facilities
What should I bring?
To get the most from your course:
- Wear suitable gym clothing
- For footwear, wear trainers, converse style pumps or your own lifting shoes
- Make sure you bring a drink and towel along
- An excellent programme for those wishing to begin lifting for strength and fitness
- Inclusive of all ages and abilities
- People looking to increase general health and wellbeing
What you'll learn:
- Start with the very basics about lifting for strength
- Stabilise your core and maximise muscles through the correct body positioning
- Highlight the benefits of the moves of lifting for strength and fitness
- Develop through to key lifting techniques such as bench press, squat and the deadlift
- Knowledge of fundamental compound lifts to give you confidence moving forward in your training
When and where?
Thursday 18 October - Thursday 15 November 2018
- Four weeks, with one session per week
- Every Thursday 12:00 - 13:00
- Functional Training Studio, Sports Centre (view on map)
What does it cost?
|4 week course|
|University of Warwick staff||One WLA voucher|
How do I book?
Book your place online in advance or by visiting the Sports Centre.