James has always participated in various sports, later choosing to concentrate on athletics. He first ran competitively at the age of nine years old. He now focuses on middle distance running, with PB’s of 1:49:09 over 800m and 3:46:59 over 1500m.
“To be chosen for any team is always an honour. To be part of Team Warwick knowing that you have been chosen from a huge number of competitive individuals and potential athletes to represent your university and compete on a national stage amongst the university population brings with it a feeling of great pride. I appreciate the fact that Warwick Performance Sport recognise and value the commitment and discipline of training and competing at a high level whilst studying at university.”
Presently a 3rd Year Economics student. His athletics goal is to represent his country. He holds Mo Farah, Sebastian Coe and David Rudisha as his favourite athletes.
- 2017 Competing in the World Championship Team Trials for both the 1500m and 800m
- 2017 England Athletics Senior Championships 800m, Bronze Medal
- 2017 BUCS 1500m Outdoor Championships, 7th
- 2016 Competing in the Olympic Trials for both the 1500m and 800m
- 2016 BUCS 1500m Indoor Championships, Silver Medal
- University of Warwick Scholarship Athlete 16/17 & 17/18