Prevention is better than the cure
Time away from the activity you love can have an effect on your whole wellbeing. Don't let a niggling injury hold you back from the activity you love - come and see us before you have to.
It's not just for people who participate in sports either. It is for anyone wanting to help prevent injuries and also can assist in the recovery following soft tissue injury.
What is sports massage?
Looking after the soft tissues of the body.
Sports massage is the management and treatment of muscles, tendon, ligaments and Myofascia.
Sports massage is also know as soft tissue therapy, deep tissue massage and sports and remedial massage.
- A brief discussion about history of your injury or area you would like treating
- A brief head to toe assessment
- Initial assessment and treatment 60 minutes
- Option to book 30 minute* or 60 minute follow ups
- High quality care from our expert team of therapists
*30 minute follow ups can only take place after an initial 60 minute assessment.
Sports massage can help with:
- Removal of waste products following exercise
- Increase or decrease muscle tone and tightness
- Increase or decrease muscle length, flexibility and pliability
- Remodel scar tissue
- Improved circulation and lymphatic flow.
Physio and massage combo
Alongside physiotherapy and sports therapy, sports massage can assist:
- Injury prevention
- Injury recovery
- Pre and post-race, and competition
- Recovery in training phases
What do I need to bring?
Shorts, especially when dealing with lower limbs.
Footwear you use for your activity (where possible).
Females may want to bring a vest top with them.
Where is the clinic based?
You'll find us in the Tennis Centre at the University of Warwick, Coventry. There is a car park close-by.
SatNav postcode: CV4 7AL SatNav postcode: CV4 8UW