I have been working in the leisure business for four years, assisting, teaching and coaching.
I swim assisted for 2 years, then became a teacher gaining my level 1&2 and have been teaching since 2016. I’m also a qualified sports coach. I studied a level 3 coaching diploma in college and am currently undergoing a sports massage course.
Even though I am qualified to teach beginners, improvers and advanced swimmers I prefer to work with beginners, as I think it’s amazing when a child or an adult gains water confidence and they realise all their hard work has paid off. Swimming is a vital life skill but I think it’s important teachers like me make it a fun one so that people enjoy learning and the experience.
- Diploma in sports coaching
- ASA Level 1 swim teaching
- STA Level 2 award in teaching
- STA Level 2 certificate in teaching
- Nrastac trained ( first aider on poolside and pool rescuer)
- STA Level 3 in emergency first aid at work
- Cpd In breaststroke
- Cpd In school swimming lessons
swim at warwick dot ac dot uk