- Face masks do not need to be worn outside the gym either before or after your session.
- Customers may now bring their own towel.
- Our staff will continue to regularly clean high touch point areas.
- Customers will no longer be required to leave the gym at the end of each session.
- Please continue to use the sanitiser spray bottles and blue towels provided to wipe your equipment before and after use.
How do I book a gym session or class?
All activities must be pre-booked online via My Account. If you are a member you will already have an account with us. Our handy guide shows you how to book an activity.
Can I book a gym induction or personal training session? Unfortunately we are currently unable to offer personal training sessions.
Can I book a gym induction or personal training session?
Gym inductions can be pre-booked online via My Account. Unfortunately we are currently unable to offer personal training sessions.
Do I need to bring my own exercise mat for the gym and classes?
Yes. Please continue to bring your own mat. All other equipment for classes will be provided and available to use.
Please be aware that enhanced cleaning takes place for 15 minutes after each session to ensure the area is thoroughly sanitised before the start of the next session. Please do not enter the Changing Village or swimming pool while these areas are being cleaned.
- The number of swimmers is limited to 6 per lane. Swim sessions must be pre-booked.
- Female only swim sessions – please be aware there may be male cleaning staff and lifeguards on duty.
- Outdoor shoes must not be worn in the Changing Village or on poolside.
- Arrive at the spectator gallery no more than 10 minutes before the start of your child’s lesson and leave promptly after your child’s lesson has finished.
- Please do not to attend if you or your child feel unwell and are displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
- Each swimmer may only be accompanied by one parent to reduce the number of people in the spectator gallery.
Keeping children safe during lessons
- Entrance to swimming lessons is via the barriers and through the Changing Village.
- There will be a 10 minute gap between lessons to allow for cleaning of equipment and to reduce the crossover of swimmers between lessons.
We provide an excellent learning environment and run lessons with a lower teacher to swimmer ratio than most providers.
Swimming equipment will be allocated to a child and must not be shared. Equipment will be fully cleaned at the end of the session. Alternatively, your child may bring their own equipment.
Will I be able to watch my child during their swimming lesson?
Yes. Parents will be able to sit in the spectator gallery.
If you have a question, please email the swim team swim at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Individuals may auto belay or boulder alone, but can only climb and belay with others from their own household or support bubble. Exemptions to this include under 18s, disability sport, and sport for educational purposes.
Will I have to wear a face covering?
In line with the Association of British Climbing Walls (ABC) advice climbing members donot have to wear a face mask when climbing, belaying or bouldering. While it is no longer mandatory to wear a fask mask, we know this is a personal choice and many members will feel happier to continue wearing one. We would encourage everyone to wear one.
Important health and safety information
We are following all government and ABC guidelines and have the following measures in place to keep our members and staff safe:
- Additional hand sanitising stations to allow members to sanitise their hands before and after they climb.
- All climbing sessions must be pre-booked in advance.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell.
- Due to the nature of climbing there is a risk of virus transfer through droplet transfer, smear infection or aerosol aspiration. Members need to be aware of, and accept this risk, and consider their own circumstances before attending.
What should I do before I visit?
- Please pre-book your climbing session online
- Please read our new health and safety information before your first visit.
- Do not attend your booked session if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 and cancel your booked session via My Account
- Hire equipment will be available.
Can I turn up on a casual basis to climb?
Yes. View our casual fitness options to find out more. If you have been with us before, simply log in to your account to book and pay online. If you haven’t climbed with us before, create an account to get started.
Bear Cubs & squad programme
What to do before your child’s session
- You will need to pre-book a Bear Cub climbing session online before you arrive. By booking a Bear Cubs session you give informed consent for your child to take part in Bear Cubs sessions run by Warwick Sport.
- Please read our extensive safety measures which are in place to help protect you and your child, other members and our staff.
What to do when you arrive
- Please check in at the Sport and Wellness Hub reception and then make your way to the Climbing Centre. Please wait outside in the corridor. Do not enter the Climbing Centre until you are asked to do so by a member of the climbing team.
- In line with the Association of British Climbing Walls (ABC) advice Bear Cub members do not have to wear a face mask when climbing, belaying or bouldering. While it is no longer mandatory to wear a face mask, we would encourage everyone to wear one.
Will my child be able to use a harness and shoes provided by Warwick Sport?
- Yes. Harnesses and shoes specifically allocated for Bear Cub session will be available, although we encourage children to bring their own harnesses and shoes.
- Harnesses and shoes provided by Warwick Sport will be regularly cleaned.
- Children must wear socks when using shoes provided by Warwick Sport.
Collecting your child
Please collect your child no more than 15 minutes before the end of their session. Please do not wait by the climbing wall.
How to book a court
Please pre-book a court online or via contactless payment at the reception desk of the Tennis Centre.
I’m not a member, can I book a court?
Yes. Please pre-book and pay online for a court via My Account. If you have been with us before, simply log in.
If you’re using our facilities for the first time please create an account.
- University of Warwick staff and students - click the existing Staff/Student log in button to create an account if you don't already have one.
- Public - Create a password or register a new account.
How do I join?
Please register your interest and a member of our team will be in touch.
What safety measures are in place?
We are following guidance from the LTA and have stringent cleaning protocols in place for proper sanitation, operation and maintenance:
- Continuous scheduled sanitation of high-touch surfaces, facilities and equipment throughout the facility.
- Our coaching team and centre staff are fully trained on cleaning and safety measures to ensure these are delivered to the highest standards.
- Hand sanitising and equipment sanitisation stations located throughout the Tennis Centre.
Will I be able to watch my child during their tennis lesson?
Unfortunately the viewing gallery is currently closed and parents / guardians will be asked to remain outside the centre during lessons. There is space to observe sessions that are taking place on the outdoor tennis courts.
Can I book a 121 lesson?
Yes, email tenniscentre at warwick dot ac dot uk to book a 121 lesson with our coaching team.
No restrictions on training and playing. Please read the latest England Badminton guidelines.
No restrictions on training and playing. Please read the latest England Squash guidelines.
How do I book a court?
Courts must be booked online via My Account. When confirming your booking, please provide the names of all attendees in your party. Inclusive members can book courts up to 10 days in advance. Racquets members can book up to 7 days in advance.
What do I do when I arrive?
Please swipe in so we know you have attended your booking. For squash, please swipe in at the entrance to the squash courts. For badminton, please arrange with the other members in your party to meet at an agreed point in the Sports and Wellness Hub.
As a group you will then need to go through the large glass barrier at the far end. Only the person who made the booking will have access to this barrier with their card. Once they have activated the barrier please walk through as a group and make your way to the badminton courts.
Can I bring a friend who isn’t a member?
Yes. If you have been with us before, simply log in to your account to book and pay online. If you’re a member of the public and haven’t been with us before, create an account to get started.
View our casual fitness options to find out more.
Can I hire equipment?
Yes. Racquet sports equipment may now be hired from reception.
Facility hire bookings
What facilities are open / available to hire?
All our pitches, courts, outdoor playing fields and facilities are open and available to hire - book your activity today.
What guidance do I need to follow when making a pitch booking?
Please follow the UK Governments’ latest guidance on COVID-19 and your sport’s bespoke guidance on Covid-19 return to play.
- 5-a-side pitches - the 5-a-side pitches are located outside the Sports and Wellness Hub. Customers do not need to check in at reception as the booked pitch will be opened and closed after the booking. Floodlights will be turned on where applicable.
- Westwood pitches - the Games Hall at Westwood is currently closed. Customers do not need to check in at reception as the booked pitch will be opened and closed after the booking. Floodlights will be turned on where applicable. Please note that the changing facilities at the Tennis Centre will not be available but customers may use the toilets.
- Cryfield 4G pitch - please go straight to the pitch. Outdoor toilets are open but there are no changing facilities available.
- Athletics track - to pre-book your session please email warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk
Student sport clubs
Sessions restart in term one.