Last updated: 27 November 2020
We’re re-opening 2 December
Important information about our re-opening.
The Sports and Wellness Hub and Tennis Centre will re-open on 2 December from 6.00am. Following the government announcement that Coventry will be classified as Tier 3 under the Covid-19 tier system, there will be some restrictions when we re-open:
- Online fitness classes only – unfortunately the Tier 3 restrictions mean we are not permitted to run in-person fitness classes. We share everyone's disappointment, but support the effort to minimise risk and reduce the spread of the virus. However, we will continue to run a full class timetable, live-streamed on our members-only Facebook group.
- All indoor team and individual sports may only be played with members of the same household or support bubble. Activities include racquets, indoor tennis, climbing (including belaying) and all indoor team sports. Exemptions include organised Higher Education Sport and other Educational groups, elite sport, disability sport and under 18s.
- Organised outdoor sport can only continue in line with specific NGB activity.
Please remember to pre-book your activity online before you arrive at our facilities.
Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your session starts. Access through the turnstiles will only be permitted 10 minutes before your booking start time.
Yes. All customers (which includes children 11 years old and over) and staff must wear a face covering when entering and walking through our buildings (includes the Sports and Wellness Hub, Climbing Centre, Tennis Centre and Cryfield Sports Pavilion).
You will not need to wear a face covering during your activity or when you are in the changing rooms.
Yes. The NHS COVID-19 QR code is available throughout our buildings and customers are encouraged to scan it using the NHS COVID-19 app This will help us track and trace footfall in our facilities.
Inclusive members can book their activities up to 10 days in advance. Other members and pay as you go customers can book up to 7 days in advance. You can upgrade your membership at any time by contacting our team sportmemberships at warwick dot ac dot uk.
You can book up to 4 activities each day. Inclusive members can make up to 8 bookings for the following 10 days.
- Customers must pre-book any activity online, arrive ready changed and leave as soon as their activity has finished.
- Customers and staff must wear a face covering when entering and walking through our buildings.
- Customers are encouraged to use the NHS COVID-19 QR code to support track and trace footfall.
- One way systems and directional signage throughout our buildings to help customers move around the facilities safely.
- Additional spaces created in the gym and studios.
- Enhanced cleaning in all areas, with hand sanitising stations throughout our facilities, regular cleaning by our staff and disinfectant spray and wipes available for customers to use before and after they have used equipment.
Unfortunately we are currently unable to accept vouchers..
Find the answers to questions you may have about specific areas of Warwick Sport.
How do I become a member?We have a range of membership and joining options. You can also arrange a tour of our facilities. Get in touch with our membership team.
I cancelled my membership while you were closed but I want to re-join. What should I do?
Can I cancel my membership?
We’d be sorry to see you go but if you’d still like to go ahead you can request to cancel your membership.
Can I get a refund on my membership?
We will consider refunds in line with our membership cancellation and refund policy. To suspend or cancel your membership please complete our membership cancellation form.
How do I book a gym session or class?
All activities must be pre-booked online through My Account. If you are a member you will already have an account with us. Get help with getting started. Unfortunately fitness classes are not permitted to take place in person but we will continue to run a full class timetable, live-streamed on our members-only Facebook group.
Can I book a gym induction or personal training session?
Login to your account to book an induction session. Unfortunately we are currently unable to offer personal training sessions.
Is the swimming pool open?
Yes, the swimming pool will be available. Please be aware of the measures in place to ensure the safety of our members and staff:
- We are limiting the number of swimmers per lane to support social distancing. Swim sessions must be pre-booked.
- Follow all directional signage in the changing village.
- Please leave as soon as your session has finished.
- The sauna and steam room are currently closed.
The safety measures in place prior to the most recent lockdown remain in place.
- Ensure your child arrives ‘beach ready’ – that is, changed and ready to swim.
- Please minimise the time spent in the changing village, leaving without children getting changed wherever possible.
- Arrive at the viewing gallery no more than 10 minutes before the start of your child’s lesson and leave promptly after your child’s lesson has finished.
- Please do not to attend if you or your child feel unwell and are displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
- Each swimmer may only be accompanied by one parent to reduce the number of people in the Sports and Wellness Hub.
Keeping children safe during lessons
- Entrance to swimming lessons will be via the viewing gallery, which means there will be no access to the changing village on arrival. Changing stations are located on pool side where you can help your child get ready for their lesson.
- Please follow the signage showing where swimmers enter and exit the pool.
- We have reduced the number of people in the swimming pool and changing village at any one time to minimise congestion and ensure parents, children and staff can social distance safely.
- There will be a 10 minute gap between lessons to allow for cleaning of equipment and to reduce the crossover of swimmers between lessons.
To continue to provide an excellent learning environment as well as to maintain safety we run lessons with a lower teacher to swimmer ratio than most providers.
- Teachers will deliver lessons from the side of the pool and will not be in the water with children.
- There will be fewer classes in the shallow pool to ensure there is enough space for children to swim at a safe distance.
- Double lanes will be used for deep water lessons which will take place in lanes 5 and 6 of the swimming pool.
- Swimming equipment will be allocated to a child and must not be shared. Equipment will be fully cleaned at the end of the session. Alternatively, your child may bring their own equipment.
Will I be able to watch my child during their swimming lesson?
Yes. Parents will be able to sit in the viewing gallery. There will be reduced seating to allow for social distancing. Seating will also be available for parents whose child is stage 5-7 at the far end of the pool.
If you have a general query or question not answered on this page please email swim at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Under Tier 3 Covid restrictions, individuals may auto belay or boulder alone, but can only climb and belay with others from their own household or support bubble. Exemptions to this include under 18s, disability sport, and sport for educational purposes.
Will I have to wear a face covering?
In line with the Association of British Climbing Walls (ABC) advice, all climbing members are required to wear a face covering when entering and walking around the Climbing Centre. You will not have to wear a face covering when actively climbing, belaying or bouldering. At all other times a face covering must be worn.
Important health and safety information
We are following all government and ABC guidelines and have the following measures in place to keep our members and staff safe:
- When you arrive for your climbing session please wait outside the Sports and Wellness Hub underneath the covered canopy. Please do not wait by the entrance or enter the Sports and Wellness Hub until you are asked to do so by a member of the climbing team. There will be up to 50 climbers waiting and up to 50 climbers exiting the building and we need to ensure there is sufficient space to allow people to pass safely. When you are collected by a member of the climbing team you will be taken down to the climbing centre.
- Additional hand sanitising stations to allow members to sanitise their hands before and after they climb.
- Reduced climbing capacity to allow for more space, minimise congestion and ensure everyone can practice social distancing.
- All climbing sessions must be pre-booked in advance.
- Clear signage and one-way systems showing where to enter and exit.
- Floor stickers to remind members to practice social distancing.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell.
- Should an infected person visit the climbing centre, due to the nature of climbing there is a risk of virus transfer through droplet transfer, smear infection or aerosol aspiration. Members need to be aware of, and accept this risk and consider their own circumstances before attending.
What should I do before I visit?
- Please pre-book your climbing session online
- Please read our new health and safety information before your first visit.
- Do not attend your booked session if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 and cancel your booked session via My Account
- Hire equipment will be available.
Can I turn up on a casual basis to climb?
Yes. View our casual fitness options to find out more. If you have been with us before, simply log in to your account to book and pay online. If you’re a member of the public and haven’t been with us before, create an account to get started.
What to do before your child’s session
- You will need to pre-book a Bear Cub climbing session online before you arrive. By booking a Bear Cubs session you give informed consent for your child to take part in Bear Cubs sessions run by Warwick Sport.
- Please read our extensive safety measures which are in place to help protect you and your child, other members and our staff.
What to do when you arrive
- Please check in at the Sport and Wellness Hub reception and then make your way to the Climbing Centre. Please wait outside in the corridor. Do not enter the Climbing Centre until you are asked to do so by a member of the climbing team.
- In line with the Association of British Climbing Walls (ABC) advice all Bear Cub members aged 11 or older will be required to wear a face covering when entering and walking around the Climbing Centre. Your child will not have to wear a face covering when actively climbing, belaying or bouldering. At all other times a face covering must be worn.
- Please ensure your child stores their bag in the Climbing Centre lockers. They will need either a £1 or a locker token.
Will my child be able to use a harness and shoes provided by Warwick Sport?
- Yes. Harnesses and shoes specifically allocated for Bear Cub session will be available, although we encourage children to bring their own harnesses and shoes.
- Harnesses and shoes provided by Warwick Sport will be regularly cleaned.
- Children must wear socks when using shoes provided by Warwick Sport.
Collecting your child
Please collect your child no more than 15 minutes before the end of their session.
Under Tier 3 Covid restrictions please be aware of the following:
- Social play is only permitted with people from your household or support bubble. Exemptions include U18s, disability and educational sport.
- Organised group coaching for adults is not permitted. Exemptions include U18s (maximum group size of 15), disability tennis and educational sport.
- Social play is permitted between households and singles and doubles. The rule of 6 applies.
- Organised group coaching a 121 coaching is permitted.
Social distancing must be maintained before, during and after play for both indoor and outdoor activity.
How to book a court
Please pre-book a court online or via contactless payment at the reception desk of the Tennis Centre
I’m not a member, can I book a court?
Yes. Please pre-book and pay for a court online via My Account. If you have been with us before, you will simply need to log in.
If you’re using our facilities for the first time, please create an account.
Warwick staff and students - click the existing Student/Staff log in button. This will prompt you to create an account with us if they don’t already have one.
How do I join?
Please register your interest and a member of our team will be in touch.
What safety measures are in place?
We are following guidance from the LTA and have the following measures in place at the Tennis Centre:
- Clear signage showing where players will enter and exit the courts.
- Floor stickers to help customers practice effective social distancing.
- Reducing the number of people in certain areas of the facility, including the viewing gallery and changing rooms at any one time to minimise congestion and ensure social distancing.
We have stringent cleaning protocols in place for proper sanitation, operation and maintenance:
- Continuous scheduled sanitation of high-touch surfaces, facilities and equipment throughout the facility.
- Our coaching team and centre staff are fully trained on cleaning and safety measures to ensure these are delivered to the highest standards.
- Hand-sanitising and equipment sanitisation stations located throughout the Tennis Centre.
Will I be able to watch my child during their tennis lesson?
Unfortunately at this time the viewing gallery will remain closed and parents / guardians will be asked to remain outside the centre during lessons.
What safety measures are in place?
Yes, email tenniscentre at warwick dot ac dot uk to book a 121 lesson with our coaching team.
Under Tier 3 Covid restrictions you may only play squash / badminton within your household or support bubble.
How do I book a court?
Courts must be booked online via My Account. When confirming your booking, please provide the names of all attendees in your party. Inclusive members can book courts up to 10 days in advance. Racquets members can book up to 7 days in advance.
What do I do when I arrive?
Please swipe in so we know you have attended your booking. This is important to support Track & Trace procedures. For squash, please swipe in at the entrance to the squash courts.
For badminton, please arrange with the other members in your party to meet at an agreed point in the Sports and Wellness Hub.
As a group you will then need to go through the large glass barrier at the far end. Only the person who made the booking will have access to this barrier with their card. Once they have activated the barrier please walk through as a group and make your way to the badminton courts.
Can I bring a friend who isn’t a member?
Yes, but under Tier 3 Covid restrictions, individuals can only play with people from their own household or support bubble. If you have been with us before, simply log in to your account to book and pay online. If you’re a member of the public and haven’t been with us before, create an account to get started.
View our casual fitness options to find out more.
Can I hire equipment?
As part of our Safe Operating Procedure and, as a Covid secure venue, we do not have equipment for hire so members must bring their own equipment.
What are the guidelines for playing badminton?
Please read the latest England Badminton guidelines before booking and playing badminton.
What are the guidelines for playing squash?
Please read the latest England Squash guidelines before booking and playing badminton.
What facilities are open / available to hire?
We have a number of outdoor pitches and facilities available for hire. However, due to the current Tier 2 Covid restrictios, we can oly accept bookings from members. To make a booking contact sportsales at warwick dot ac dot uk.
What guidance do I need to follow when making a pitch booking?
The FA Coronavirus Guidelines for all football bookings and England Hockey Guidelines for all hockey bookings must be followed.
We will need the name of the lead booker information for Track & Trace but all users are encouraged to scan the QR code via the NHS COVID-19 app. The QR codes are clearly displayed at all pitches.
- 5-a-side pitches - the 5-a-side pitches are located outside the Sports and Wellness Hub. Both entry and exit to the pitches is via the green gate at the rear of the hub and not via the Sports and Wellness Hub reception. Customers do not need to check in at reception as the booked pitch will be opened and closed after the booking. Floodlights will be turned on where applicable.
- Westwood pitches - the Games Hall at Westwood is currently closed. Customers do not need to check in at reception as the booked pitch will be opened and closed after the booking. Floodlights will be turned on where applicable.
- Cryfield 4G pitch - please go straight to the pitch. Outdoor toilets are open but there are no changing facilities available.
Organised student sport remains exempt from the guidelines, so all sports clubs can continue to train using the appropriate safety measures as outlined within their National Governing Body ‘Return to Play’ roadmap.
Club training allocations will continue in line with those in term 1. If you have any feedback please use your Teams page to share this with us.
Student sports club bookings may be booked by all students between Monday 11 January and Sunday 17 January to support additional taster sessions.
To access a sports club booking from Monday 18 January you must have a club membership that can be purchased by selecting your chosen sport from the list.