Our Get Active Mentors are a team of activity champions - people who are already active and want to gain skills and experience mentoring others and supporting them to be more active. As part of the role you will receive training and support, gain mentoring experience, develop key employability skills and be rewarded for the hours you work.
Benefits of being a Mentor:
Make your CV stand out
Get training and gain skills and experience
Earn rewards for the hours you put in
Meet new people and keep yourself active
Make a difference to your campus community
How does it work?
- Each Mentor will be assigned up to two mentee(s) who have expressed an interest in becoming more physically active.
- We will always try to match Mentors with appropriate mentee(s) and vice versa - taking into consideration activities of interest, age, whether staff or students and gender should you wish.
- You will be supported to arrange meeting your mentee(s) to plan and take part in their chosen activity.
- Mentors are encouraged to meet with their mentee(s) for at least 30mins and up to 1 hour 30mins a week. This can be divided into hour/half hour long sessions as appropraite.
Is this for you?
- You're friendly, supportive and interested in being active and supporting others to become active.
- Organised, reliable and proactive - you are able to communicate and regularly meet with your mentee(s) to plan and carry out an agreed upon activity.
- Able to provide practical support, information and advice to help mentee(s) feel confident accessing and participating in activities.
- Looking to work or gain experience in any of the following sectors: Health and Fitness, Personal Training or Life Coaching, Social Support, Wellbeing, Therapy and/or Psychology to name just a few.