Please read our student and staff community guidance on COVID-19
Skip to main content Skip to navigation

For departmental staff: internship, traineeship, research only student applications

Please note that the Student Mobility Team deal only with Erasmus+ internships for EU/EEA nationals who will work at Warwick in 2020. Non-Erasmus+ interns/trainees or Erasmus+ interns/trainees who do not have EU/EEA nationality MUST be administered by the department who accepts them. It is uncertain whether the UK will be able to participate in the Erasmus+ internship scheme from 2021 onwards. Also, if new immigration rules mean that EU/EEA nationals need a visa to work in the UK then the Student Mobility Team will not deal with interns with EU/EEA nationality who will be at Warwick in 2021 either.

In 2007 the Erasmus programme incorporated internships/traineeships as additional funding opportunities. These opportunities continued with the new Erasmus+ programme. As the number of requests for student interns increased from our European partners the Study Abroad team arranged with ITS services an appropriate process to provide the students University cards without them being entered on SITS as registered students which would have invalidated their Erasmus+ funds.

It is recommended that departments set up their own Internship page if they wish to accept students as interns who are also unable to be registered through SITS, for funding reasons for example but are not part of Erasmus+.

For information the details required by IT Services to produce a card can be seen here. Excel

Requesting an ID Card

IT Services will be able to provide a Warwick ID Card upon receipt of the completed excel sheet attached

  1. Ensure all of the student details are on the excel file
  2. Email the spreadsheet to IT Services ( requesting an ID card to be produced and ready for printing by Student Reception Senate House
  3. IT Services will upload the data and create an ID number and ensure that the card is ready for production
  4. IT Services will email to inform you that the card is ready