Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Unsure of where to go?

The University has a wide range of services available for students in need of help. However, it can sometimes be confusing to know where to go. The following table gives some examples of common problems and the different services that can help. There is often more than one potential source of help and the different areas will be happy to refer you to other places for additional help if you require it.

Please note: If you are unsure where to get help, please go to or telephone 024 7657 5570.

Problem You may wish to seek help from:

Academic Problems, including:

  • Am I on the right course?
  • I am struggling with my work
  • Development of study skills

Financial Problems, including:

  • Debt
  • Undergraduate and postgraduate funding
  • Access to Learning Fund
  • Hardship Funds


Personal Problems, including:

  • Psychological problems
  • Emotional problems
  • Victim of crime - including assault, sexual assault, hate crime etc
  • Harrassment


Housing / Accommodation Problems, including:

  • I don't like where I'm living
  • I have a problem with my accommodation
  • I have a problem with my house-mates
  • I have a problem with a private landlord
  • I need help finding accommodation


Disciplinary Problems

  • I need advice or help with disciplinary procedures I am facing


(Wellbeing Support Services staff can help support your pyschological & emotional

needs should you be facing a disciplinary investigation. If you are already

accessing support from Wellbeing Support Services, you are advised

to contact the service direct. Otherwise, you can contact Wellbeing Support

in the first instance.)

Disability-related Problems

  • Specific learning needs e.g. dyslexia, Asperger Syndrome, ADHD
  • query about a possible undiagnosed disability


Mental Health Problems, including:

  • Mental illness
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Stress (Exam Stress)


Student Development Queries, including access to:

  • Courses and skills training


International Enquiries

  • Visa enquiries
  • Problems related to living abroad for the first time


Employment Problems, including:

  • I haven't been paid by my employer
  • How do I get a National Insurance number?


Medical Problems, including:

  • Immunisations
  • Health advice
  • Emergency contraception


Please note: If you are unsure where to get help, please go to or telephone 024 7657 5570.