Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Report a lost or stolen card

If your University card is lost or stolen, you should report this immediately using the form below. Next, you should visit the Card Office in University House (or Senate House) reception during office hours to request a replacement. Peak times for card replacements are at the start of each week and the start of each term. At peak times you may be required to wait or leave your request for later collection. After you submit this form your old card will be made invalid. Anyone who attempts to use it may be asked to explain the circumstances in which they obtained the card. If you find a lost card please return it to University House reception, University of Warwick. If you locate your lost card after submitting this form please do not attempt to use it. Instead collect your replacement card from University House, Senate House or contact the Card Office for advice. Until you report your card as lost the old card will remain valid and so you are liable for:
  • Any access to buildings or research facilities in which entrance requires the card.
  • Any books borrowed from the Library using the card, from the time the card is lost until it is replaced.
  • Any money on the card or access to any account using the card.

(Please note that to make a false report of theft is a criminal offence which attracts a fixed penalty notice of £80.00 or up to six months imprisonment in extreme cases. We work in association with Police constabularies, if you have lost your University card please do not report it as stolen.)

Privacy notice
The data on this form relates to you and your university card. The date and time of your submission, your identity and the details you have submitted will all be stored, but will not be used for any purpose other than cancelling your current university card. Please contact your card issuer directly for a replacement.

The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University's Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. Please submit any data subject rights requests to or address any complaints or suspected breaches to the University's Data Protection Officer at

Spam prevention