Thank you to colleagues able to attend the all-staff meeting held on 8 May. Here is an overview of the topics discussed:
- Senior staff news including the death of Professor Lord Bhattacharyya, Professor Simon Swain’s appointment to the British Academy and Professor Mike Shipman’s appointment as Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International).
- Reminder on opportunity to represent the Assembly on the University Senate
- Overview of new Employee Assistance Programme now available to all salaried staff
- Update on current campus developments: Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Building (IBRB); removal of Car Park 7, development of new Faculty of Arts building and ongoing development to Warwick Arts Centre; opening of new Sports Hub
- Update on potential regional transport developments in which the University is involved: new A46 roundabout; University railway station and Very Light Rail (VLR)
- British Science Festival taking place on campus and in Coventry on 10 - 13 September
- Update on terms of reference, membership and consultation so far in the independent review on student disciplinary processes and appeals, and the work of the Joint Senate and Council Advisory Group on University values following the group chat case – with expected reporting dates to the University Senate and Council and publication in the summer.
Dates for future all-staff meetings will be shared at the start of the new academic year.