We held our term 3 all-staff meeting on Wednesday 10 May in the Oculus lecture theatre. If you weren’t able to join us, here’s a summary of what we discussed:
Stuart began by giving a few updates including:
- The installation of our new Chancellor, Cathy Ashton, on 3 May;
- The calling of a General Election on 8 June and the impact this may have on issues that affect Universities;
- The Higher Education and Research Bill becoming the Higher Education and Research Act, advising that there is no value in continuing to argue for change, rather accept and work with the new Government on HE in the context of the Act, including the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- City of Culture bid result will come in after December
- The election of a Mayor for the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) – marks an important stage for our regional future – someone we can work with and alongside
- Thank you to all those involved in the National Student Survey (NSS), Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) and Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) – it’s important we continue to find ways to hear the student voice. Thanks also to those involved in Exams – a stressful time for students but your support helps.
- The University Awards take place this Friday – promises to be a fantastic night of celebration – thank you to all those involved and well done.
Provost Chris Ennew and Director, People Group, Gillian McGrattan updated on the Institutional review of Statute 24 and related ordinances. You can read more on this via the presentation
Stuart, Chris and Gillian took a number of questions on Statute 24 at the meeting. Questions relating to Statute 24 can be found via the page below and questions from this meeting will be added to the page within the next week. http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/insite/news/intnews2/statute24reform .
We’d welcome your feedback on the meeting and on potential topics for future staff meetings