Background to reviews
On 13 February 2019 the University Council announced two parallel work streams:
- An independent external review of our student disciplinary and appeals process led by Dr Sharon Persaud, and
- A Joint Council and Senate Advisory Group (“the Joint Group”), led by Deputy Chair of Council, Viki Cooke. This is to affirm Warwick’s values, review what is and is not acceptable behaviour in our community, and consider how we can encourage positive behaviours.
Further background and questions on the situation.
- For the independent review, preparatory groundwork is complete on logistics, collation of evidence, briefing and identification of who Dr Persaud wishes to speak to for further evidence gathering. Those conversations will take place in April.
- The Joint Group (comprising the Students’ Union, academic and professional services, Council and Senate members, external advisers) has reviewed the scope of its terms of reference, looked at our current published values, developed the "have your say" web pages and agreed their work plan.
- The independent external review and Joint Group will form interim recommendations in May, after which they will come together in a joint workshop to share their findings and align their work streams.
- The final recommendations will be reported to the University Senate in June and the Council in July with the intention of the final report being shared publicly over the summer.
If you feel affected by anything covered on these web-pages or by this subject matter, please access the support services available at the University.
Your feedback is important
Please have your say in the reviews, share your feedback and encourage others to do the same. There is a form to share your experience or perceptions about our student discipline and appeals process, and another to share thoughts about our values and expected behaviours.
You can provide comments anonymously, should you prefer.
Comments will be collated and shared with Dr Persaud and the Joint Group to inform their work.