Background to reviews
On 13 February 2019 the University Council announced two parallel work streams:
- An independent external review of our student disciplinary and appeals process led by Dr Sharon Persaud, and
- A Joint Council and Senate Advisory Group (“the Joint Group”), led by Deputy Chair of Council, Viki Cooke. This is to affirm Warwick’s values, review what is and is not acceptable behaviour in our community, and consider how we can encourage positive behaviours.
Further background and questions on the situation.
- The independent review has been published in full on 10 July
- A five point action plan setting out how we will implement the review’s recommendations and further improve our handling of student disciplinary and appeals processes has been shared
- A statement of principles prepared by the Joint Advisory Group sets out the values we will uphold at Warwick
- Rachel Sandby-Thomas is leading a working group to map out workstreams and appropriate timescales to co-ordinate the recommendations from the Review, drawing on internal and external expertise as appropriate
- We will be reporting publicly on our progress every quarter
- There will be opportunities for you to be involved along the way in how we will embed our values further across the community
If you feel affected by anything covered on these web-pages or by this subject matter, please access the support services available at the University.