The University provides advice, guidance and specialist one to one support to AS students. Home students can access funding through the Disabled Student Allowances for specialist mentoring and sometimes also specialist study skills support. The support is tailored to individual requirements and it is confidential and discrete. We will meet with you and together we will make decisions about the type of support that would be of most benefit to you. For example, you can access:
- an early arrival induction and transition programme
- support liaising with academic and other departments
- exam arrangements and other reasonable adjustments
- specialist academic mentoring for help with organising time and work, transition to University, problem solving, managing interaction with other students
- specialist mental health mentoring for help with practical strategies of managing anxiety, low mood and social situations
- specialist study skills support
- on campus/ensuite accommodation based on individual need
- the ensuite subsidy based on eligibility
Where can I get more information?
Contact the Disability Team in Wellbeing Support Services through the Wellbeing portal.