First tip: keep calm, take a breath...
Here's some suggestions for managing exam time:
- Try out the new drop-in session:
What for: A brief (5-10 minute), one-to-one conversation with a counsellor to discuss some helpful strategies to keep yourself calm around exam time
Where: University Counselling Service, Westwood House
When: Mondays 3.00pm to 3.45pm or Wednesdays 11.30am to 12.15pm - no appointment necessary
- Check the e-sheet for general tips on managing exams or listen to the guidance on a podcast
- Get booked on a workshop for some useful strategies about a range of issues
- Check the Student Union tips: https://www.warwicksu.com/feelgood/examsandrevision/
- Brush up your skills on time management or revision at a workshop run by Student Skills and Development: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/skills/
- Keep calm and relaxed
Please note: It is important to discuss any mitigating circumstances during your appointment time with your counsellor - ensure you have time to explore it fully in your allocated session time if you want to request the counsellor considers writing a supporting statement.
We are not able to support mitigating circumstances unless you have been engaged with the counselling service (ie before your exam period). It is not acceptable to request an appointment solely for the purpose of seeking a statement.
Please ensure you allow 10 days for the counsellor to consider and process your mitigating circumstances request.