Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Support for Survivors of Sexual and Domestic Violence or Abuse

The University of Warwick recognises the need for specialist bespoke support to be available for survivors of either recent or historic sexual and/or domestic violence.

Sexual and Domestic Violence Adviser - Lisa Woodhouse

Lisa is our specialist qualified Sexual and Domestic Violence Adviser. Lisa has been providing support to survivors for over 6 years having previously worked as an Independent Sexual Violence Advocate and a Support Worker. Lisa is based on the Warwick Campus and is available Monday to Friday during term time with shortened hours and fewer days out of term. Lisa can provide advice and emotional support to anyone who has been affected by sexual and/or domestic abuse.

Meet the people who are here to help:

If you have been affected by sexual and/or domestic abuse, either because you have been personally affected or you are supporting a friend or family member, we can support you.

There are a range of options and support available to you, which we would encourage you to discuss with Lisa or a Wellbeing Adviser.

A list of services where you can access external support has been added below. Whether you are reporting the crime or not you can access these services, as well as Lisa’s or a Wellbeing Adviser’s support.

Everyone copes in their own way, and it is important that survivors of sexual and domestic violence decide the best way forward for themselves.

The important thing to remember is that you are not alone and there is help and support available.

Equality, Diversity and Inclusion

Our Wellbeing Support Services offer non-judgemental, compassionate and confidential support to all members of the University community. We believe that every individual should be treated with dignity and respect, and be part of a working and learning environment that is free from barriers, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex/gender, or sexual orientation.


Our services within Wellbeing Support are confidential which means that the information you share with us is kept securely and will not be shared with any third parties unless you explicitly wish for us to do so. There are some circumstances, in which staff may have to pass on personal information, including if there is a concern of serious risk/harm, or if we are required to do so by law, but we will always discuss this with you and ask for your consent wherever possible. We may at times, in order to best support you, share information about your individual support needs with internal and external parties in order to ensure you are offered appropriate support. We will always ask for your permission to do this. Your information is securely held by Wellbeing Support Services and will be treated confidentially and appropriately for the purposes of carrying out the ongoing business of Wellbeing Support Services under the terms of the 1998 Data Protection Act and the University’s Data Protection Policy. Records are destroyed following the academic year in which a student finishes their registration with the institution + 6 years. For more information about our confidentiality policy please see

Sexual Violence Support Services:

Blue Sky Centre, Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)

Provides immediate support for anyone who has experienced sexual violence. Provides medical care and optional police intervention. Staffed 24/7.
Email: Tel: 01926 507 805. Location: George Elliot Hospital.

Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (CRASAC)

Free, independent and confidential support for anyone in Coventry who has experienced sexual violence or abuse at any time in their lives. Services include Helpline, counselling and support through the criminal justice system.
Email: Helpline: 024 7627 7777.

Rugby RoSA

Free, independent and confidential support for anyone in Warwickshire who has experienced sexual violence or abuse. Services include counselling, helpline, support groups and support through the criminal justice system.

Email: Helpline: 01788 551151.

Domestic Violence Support Services:

Sexual violence support pathway

The sexual violence support pathway aims to provide clear guidance and resources for everyone on campus to help survivors of sexual violence understand their options and where to get appropriate support. View the support pathway.

If having looked at the pathway you are unsure who to speak to then you can contact either Wellbeing Support Services or the SU Advice Centre and speak to someone about your options and where to get help.

If your studies are affected, we would advise contacting Wellbeing Support Services, the SU Advice Centre, or your personal tutor to get advice on the options available to you e.g. mitigating circumstances, or taking temporary withdrawal.