Online assessments replacing planned exams in 2020 – the new arrangements explained
This page provides clarity on how exams are being replaced by online assessments. We are very grateful for the patience you have shown while we have worked to move all our processes online and make the necessary adjustments for online assessments.
Please take some time to read through this extensive information with care. We hope this will help to answer your questions.
There are five major changes to the exam experience for intermediate and final year students:
- Your assessments have been set up more flexibly to help you succeed wherever you are, and however you are able to study - find out more.
- A new tool has been developed to allow you to find your time table and access your assessments during the timetabled assessment weeks. Find out how to use the new Alternative Exams Portal.
- All your assessments are online, which means your assessments will be of a different type and format - find out more about how assessments will work.
- We've developed some new approaches to academic integrity, necessary to make assessments fair.
- We have provided further guidance on reasonable adjustments in the context of online assessments (16 April).
Timetables for intermediate and final year students and some PGT students can be accessed through the AEP.
There are NO alternative exams for first year students registered 2019/20. Information listed in the AEP is therefore NOT relevant to 2019/20 registered first year students.