Join us to kick off the summer term with a journey to the beautiful rolling hills and valleys of Derbyshire. The day will be split into two parts. The morning will take us to Castleton, an idyllic village in the High Peak area that boasts a whole host of fascinating things to do, including the impressive subterranean world of Peak Cavern,
Speedwell Cavern, or the lofty views from Peveril Castle. You can take your pick of things to do, or buy a ticket for a tour through Peak Cavern from us when booking to take advantage of a discounted price.
At lunchtime, we'll continue on to Bakewell and Chatsworth House. You'll have the option of spending your afternoon in the picturesque town of Bakewell on the river Wye, or at Chatsworth House, a grand stately home sitting within miles of estate land and garden. If you wish to split your time between Bakewell and Chatsworth, we will also provide a shuttle service in both directions mid-afternoon.
- Departure from On Campus Coach Park (near Bluebell) - 08:00
- Approx. arrival in Castleton - 10:30
(Optional tour of Peak Cavern if pre-booked at 11:15, meet at Cavern Entrance)
- Departure from Castleton: 13:00
- Approx. arrival in Bakewell or at Chatsworth House: 13:45
- Mid-afternoon shuttle: 15:00 (from Bakewell)/16:00 (from Chatsworth)
- Return Journey to Warwick: 17:30 (from Chatsworth)/18:00 (from Bakewell)
- Approx. arrival back on campus: 20:30
- Coach Travel (required): see provisional itinerary - Price TBC, approx. £15-£20
- Peak Cavern** (optional): take a 60-minute tour of Peak Cavern at 11:15 - Price TBC, approx. £10-£15
**Please note that due to the nature of the attraction, Peak Cavern may not be suitable for participants with certain accessibility requirements or disabilities - please contact us if you are unsure.
- Chatsworth House and Garden (optional): buy a reduced-price ticket for admission to both the inside of Chatsworth House (with audio tour) and its Garden, subject to the last admission times published - Price TBC, approx. £15-£20
- All of the above subject to availability on a first-come first-served basis, and only available when booked in advance via the booking form on this website
If your payment is successful, you will receive an automated email confirming this. If you have booked at least 48 hours prior to the trip start time, we will send an e-ticket to you approximately 1 day prior to the trip, indicating the final arrangements. If you book within 48 hours of the trip start time, your e-ticket will be sent to you as soon as possible, but no later than 18 hours prior to the initial departure time. Please make sure you arrive in time on the event date, with a copy of your e-ticket. Please also bring your student ID card, as this may be checked. There is no need to contact us to ask about your eticket until 13:00 on the day before the trip - it may not have been sent yet. If you have received a payment confirmation, you can also use this to board the coach in conjunction with your Student ID card.
Tickets are only for current Warwick students or family members who live with them (not those who are just visiting). If you need to book a ticket for a non-student family member, or on behalf of another student, you will need complete the booking form a second time (identifying the family member or other student as the ticketholder), and make a second payment. Where the booking is successful, the e-ticket will be sent to the email address entered in section 1 of the booking form (not necessarily to the ticketholder), and the person making the booking is responsible for passing the ticket to the named ticketholder prior to the event.
Current Warwick students are welcome to bring family with them who live with them permanently. This includes infants and children, however, please note the below points:
- If the child will require their own seat (children above the age of 2 years must have their own seat), then the current student must make a booking for them using the booking form - the full trip fee is applicable. Please enter the child's details under "Ticket Holder Details"
- If the child will not require their own seat and will travel on your lap (only permissible if they are under 2 years of age) then they do not require a ticket. Please enter the name of the child under "Additional Requirements" on your own booking.
- Please note that trips are primarily intended as student activities, therefore regrettably, the University of Warwick cannot take responsibility for the suitability or otherwise of any activities that form part of the trip for children, and please be aware that the welfare of the minor travelling remains the sole responsibility of the accompanying current student at all times. Please never allow children to move freely and unaccompanied on board the coach.
Tickets are non-refundable, and subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have any issues with the payment system, please contact us as soon as possible. There is a forum available for students who wish to buy or sell tickets before the event.
This trip is coordinated by the World at Warwick Team in Student Opportunity for students of the University of Warwick.