The ancient city of York is the ideal place to get a taste of the north of England. You'll find a wealth of things to do and places to see, like York Dungeon, the York Castle Museum, York Minster, Jorvik Viking Museum, the National Railway Museum and much more! Or if you prefer, take wander through the old city streets, squeeze through the famous "Shambles", or around the old city walls. This is an especially exciting time to be visiting York, as the annual "Jorvik" Viking Festival will be taking place: a city-wide celebration of York's rich norse history. A trip not to be missed!
- Meeting Point: On Campus Coach Park (near Bluebell)
- Departure Time: 08:30
- Expected Arrival Time: 11:30 approx
- Return Journey: 17:00
- Expected arrival on campus: 20:30 approx
- Journey time: 3.5 hours approx
- Coach transfers from the University to York city centre and return journey
- Price: £22pp
- Please be aware: certain individual events forming part of the Jorvic Festival are ticketed, and if you wish to take part, it may be advisable to check details and/or purchase tickets here before the trip.
If your payment is successful, you will receive an automated email confirming this. If you have booked at least 48 hours prior to the trip start time, we will send an e-ticket to you approximately 1-2 days prior to the trip, indicating the final arrangements. If you book within 48 hours of the trip start time, your e-ticket will be sent to you as soon as possible, but no later than 18 hours prior to the initial departure time. Please make sure you arrive in time on the event date, with a copy of your e-ticket. Please also bring your student ID card, as this may be checked.
Tickets are only for current Warwick students or family members who live with them (not those who are just visiting). If you need to book a ticket for a non-student family member, or on behalf of another student, you will need complete the booking form a second time (identifying the family member or other student as the ticketholder), and make a second payment. Where the booking is successful, the e-ticket will be sent to the email address entered in section 1 above (not necessarily to the ticketholder), and the person making the booking is responsible for passing the ticket to the named ticketholder prior to the event.
Current Warwick students are welcome to bring family with them who live with them permanently. This includes infants and children, however, please note the below points:
- If the child will require their own seat (children above the age of 2 years must have their own seat), then the current student must make a booking for them using the above form - the full trip fee is applicable. Please enter the child's details under "Ticket Holder Details"
- If the child will not require their own seat and will travel on your lap (only permissable if they are under 2 years of age) then they do not require a ticket. Please enter the name of the child under "Additional Requirements" on your own booking.
- Please note that trips are primarily intended as student activities, therefore regrettably, the University of Warwick cannot take responsibility for the suitability or otherwise of any activities that form part of the trip for children, and please be aware that the welfare of the minor traveling remains the sole responsibility of the accompanying current student at all times. Please never allow children to move freely and unaccompanied on board the coach.
Tickets are non-refundable, and subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have any issues with the payment system, please contact us as soon as possible. There is a forum available for students who wish to buy or sell tickets before the event.
This event has been coordinated by the Global Student Experience Team in the International Student Office, in collaboration with the Residential Life Team. Events are strictly for students of the University.