HECSU (the Higher Education Careers Services Unit) has provided bursaries for students participating in the Career Education, Information and Guidance in Higher Education (CEIGHE) programme for many years. These bespoke courses are provided jointly by AGCAS and the University of Warwick and developed to meet the specific CPD requirements of career development professionals working in higher education.
Overview of the bursary
Applicants for the HECSU Training Bursary Scheme must be:
- Normally a full or UK affiliate member of AGCAS
- A University member of HECSU
- Accepted for a course (MA, PGD or PGC CEIGHE) by the University of Warwick
- Registered on the Challenges of Careers Work in Higher Education residential. Note, if you have already completed the ‘Challenges’ module, you may still apply for bursary funding for other modules, but priority will be given to those who have not received funding before.
- The bursary scheme is linked to individual modules within the CEIGHE programme. A minimum of 15 working days before the relevant module begins, you will need to complete the HECSU bursary application form
- The bursary scheme opperates each year on a first come first served basis.
- If successful, you will receive confirmation by email that the bursary has been allocated within 5 working days of receiving the application. HECSU will also make an arrangment with you concerning the bursary payment process.
More information and application form
More information on the criteria for the bursary and the application form is available directly from HECSU (HESCU member log-in required). For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as they administor the scheme.