As indicated earlier, you must contact the module leaders within one month of registering on the module and suggest some dates and times for a telephone, Skype or face-to-face discussion. This will then lead to the agreement of a research proposal.
Choosing a topic
You may wish to select two or three areas and discuss these; however, it is also fine to discuss more or less topics.
You are invited to:
- Read around the topic to develop an idea of what has already been pursued.
- Ask yourself what specific question still needs to be addressed within the topic.
- Ask yourself about the ways in which this question can best be phrased.
- Consider relevant theoretical perspectives.
Some examples of recent topics pursued include:
- The growth of specialist career education, information and guidance services.
- The impact of a career education initiative for medical students.
- The development of an organisatonal career development policy.
- The role of career advice in widening participation in education.
- Psychological type theory and career development.
- A comparative study of career counselling and coaching.
- A labour market typology.