I understand that:
1. All Personal Information including, without limitation, my name, address/es, email address/es, contact numbers, age, gender, date of birth, department, year of study, student status, type of degree/course, department and details of my progress on my degree/course and examination results ("Personal Information") will be used by the University of Warwick ("the University") in the manner and for the purposes outlined in this statement and the University’s Data Protection Guidelines.
2. The control of my Personal Information rests primarily with the Academic Office of the University. All transfers of the whole or part of my Personal Information within the University will be made on a need to know basis, including to bodies involved in sponsoring my studies.
3. If I am a full time student, relevant parts of my Personal Information may from time to time be disclosed to Local Authorities to enable them to assess whether I will be liable to pay Council Tax.
4. The University reserves the right to share my Personal Information with external data sources for the purposes of checking the accuracy of this information. This may include, for example, seeking confirmation from other institutions of any entry qualifications that I have declared, or checking the HESA (Higher Education Statistics Agency) returns of other institutions to see if I have previously been reported as being a student of those institutions.
5. If I am an overseas student, the University may from time to time disclose relevant parts of my Personal Information to organisations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for example Government bodies or, as required, under relevant Education Acts and/or rules. Before the University releases my Personal Information to a Country outside the EEA the University will ensure that such Country has in place adequate legal protection for the privacy of Personal Information.
6. If I am an overseas student holding a student visa, the University will maintain records of enrolment and will notify Home Office UK Visas & Immigration, as required, of my enrolment status
7. If I am an overseas student holding a student visa and have registered for temporary employment within the UK through the University of Warwick wholly owned subsidiary, ‘Unitemps’, my Personal Information will be reciprocally shared, as required, with respect to my student enrolment status.
External Statutory Bodies, Sponsors and Third Parties
I understand that:
1. Some information held about me by the University will be sent to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA). This forms my HESA record, which contains mainly coded information including ethnicity and disability data. My record, or parts of it, will be passed to those of the following bodies that require it to carry out their statutory functions in relation to the funding of education. Further information can be found at https://www.hesa.ac.uk/about/regulation/data-protection/notices
2. The data in my record will be used in anonymised form, primarily for statistical analysis, by HESA and the above bodies. This use may result in the publication and release of data to other approved users, which may include academic researchers and commercial organisations. My record will not be used by HESA or any of the above bodies in a way that would affect me individually.
3. My contact details will not be made available to HESA and I note that precautions are taken to minimise the risk of identification of individuals from the published and released data. None of the above bodies will be able to use the data provided to HESA in order to contact me.
4. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, I have the right to request a copy of the information held about me by HESA, for a small fee. If I have any concerns about, or objections to, the use of information for these purposes, I will need to contact HESA at www.hesa.ac.uk, or by writing to 95 Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 1HZ.
Other Related Bodies
I understand that:
In addition to meeting the requirements of other Statutory Bodies, the University may from time to time transfer all or part of my Personal Information to any of the following. I have indicated in the Data Protection section of enrolment my permission, or refusal, to pass my Personal Information to the bodies specified.1. Research - The University may occasionally disclose certain Personal Information to staff or members of external organisations for research purposes (such as postal questionnaires).
For further information please contact the Legal Compliance Team, via firstname.lastname@example.org