Level 4 Certificate (36 credits)
Looking to develop your practical teaching skills? This qualification can prepare teachers and trainers to work in a wide range of contexts, including Further Education colleges, Sixth Forms, Work Based Learning, and Adult and Community Education. You need to be teaching, or have a teaching placement to undertake this qualification as there is a requirement for a minimum of 30 hours of practice.
|Starts||October 2018 Please click here to apply|
|Date and time||Six monthly sessions on Tuesdays, October - March. 9.30am-4.30pm.
Dates to be confirmed.
|Qualification||36 credits NQF Level 4|
Subject specific qualification at Level 3, English at Level 2 and Maths at Level 1. A cleared DBS check and a subject specialist mentor. A teaching placement or be in a teaching role that provides at least 30 hours of practice.
Key features of the CET course (2018/19)
- understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training;
- planning to meet the needs of learners;
- delivering teaching or training;
- assessing learners;
- using resources in education and training.
A minimum of 88 class contact hours
This CET qualification is suitable for you if:
- you want a qualification which focuses on practical teaching;
- you are currently teaching and want to have your experience and practice accredited;
- you are not currently teaching but can meet the minimum teaching practice requirement of 30 hours;
- you are able to undertake a qualification of medium size;
- you have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as the first year of an undergraduate degree;
- you are willing to undertake an initial assessment of your skills in English, mathematics and ICT, record your development needs and follow an action plan to address them where necessary.
Places for these courses are limited and cannot be reserved. They are offered to those who have successfully completed the application process.
Penny Ottewill, Programme Lead