for Personal and Professional Development
The programme is targeted at practitioners who are working in the Lifelong Learning Sector who wish to work effectively with peers and mentees for the purpose of continuous professional development.
Are you seeking CPD opportunities for staff within your organisation? Get in touch to discuss your training needs.
|Starts||Please contact us to register your interest in this course.|
|Qualification||10 credits at FHEQ Level 4|
Candidates should have a minimum of level 2 in English.
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (speaking and listening at 7.0) with no other component below 6.0.
|Length||30 hours (flexible delivery models available - either 4 full days or 8 half days)|
|Contact||Please use our contact page to send us an enquiry.|
The programme of study aims to develop your mentoring and coaching skills with particular emphasis on:
- The principles of coaching and mentoring
- Managing the coaching and mentoring relationship
- Setting and maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Ethical considerations
- Using effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Reflective practice
Assessment of knowledge and competence (2000 words) is gathered through:
- Compilation of a professional development portfolio, personal development plan and observation.
- Case study and evaluation of practice.
- Written assignment on coaching and mentoring principles and practice.
Penny Ottewill, Programme Lead