Level 5 Diploma
This particular course will not be offered in 2017/18. To register your interest in future courses please join our mailing list.
A blended stand-alone diploma programme for vocational teachers teaching English.
|Starts||This particular course will not be offered in 2018/19. To register your interest in future courses please join our mailing list.|
|Qualification||30 credits NQF Level 5|
Requires 30 hours of English teaching practice covering two levels, the undertaking and passing of an initial assessment of personal English skills and a full generic teaching qualification (DTLLS, DET, Cert Ed, PGCE, 7407 Stage 4).
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (speaking and listening at 7.0) with no other component below 6.0.
Please use our contact page to send us an enquiry.
Key features of the course
- Flexible / blended delivery model
- Attendance at face to face taught days once a month
- Directed online tasks completed between the taught days
- Extensive but supported use of technology
- Takes account of different contexts in which English is taught
- Delivered by experienced subject specialist teacher trainers
- High level of support from tutors
- Three lesson observations
- Completion of two assignments
- 30 hours of English teaching practice covering two levels
- Undertaking and passing an initial assessment of personal English skills
- A full generic teaching qualification (DTLLS, DET, Cert Ed, PGCE, 7407 Stage 4)
Teacher training programmes are now subject to the full fees funding arrangements for
higher education courses.
Anne Schofield, Programme Lead